Chocolate and Gold Coins

Saturday, February 05, 2005

On Chocolate and Gold Coins

After deciding to start a blog, I had to think of what to name it. Naturally, the really good names have been taken. For example, I thought the name Instapundit would be a good one for a blog but it turns out that someone already took that one.

Chocolate and gold coins are two of my favorite commodities. And naming a blog that deals with economic issues after commodities makes sense, especially commodities that symbolize consumption and income. However, the name “Chocolate and Gold Coins” refers to something else. It refers to types of writing you might find on this blog. Gold coins are something with intrinsic value. You might find something like that here buried deep under the rubbish if you search long enough. Chocolate is another commodity altogether. It is something to be enjoyed briefly and soon forgotten, like a frivolous but fun piece of writing. There will be more chocolate than gold in this blog. In any case, I hope you find something you like here.

9 Comments:

  • What a well written and concise descriptive of your blog! I've just come from reading several posts of yours and to tell the truth, I've found a splended combination of the two commodities ~ which brings to mind one of my favorite old fashioned candies... those little gold foil wrapped chocolate coins.
    I have truly enjoyed the flavor of your writing. Great stuff!

    By Blogger Weary Hag, at 6:19 PM  

  • I agree with the previous comment, it cannot be said better.
    Like the craving for chocolate and gold coins never die. I see myself coming back for more chocolate and gold coins.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 AM  

  • Your definition for the blog name is simply awesome... Have just started bloging and now i am thinking the reasons behind my blog name!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 PM  

  • Speaking of chocolate, visit YaGoof.com. FREE CHOCOLATE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

  • It's a wonderful name :-)

    By Blogger K. K, at 8:18 AM  

  • I cant stop myself appreciating your writing skills. Your blog has always been fun to read. I am interested in blogrolling with you. This is my blog: http://www.aseemn.org. And my email is: aseem_n@rediffmail.com. Would like to be frenz with you.

    Hmm.. and yea.. nice name for the blog :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

  • its really looked natural name.your are succeeded in creating this

    By Anonymous Custom Lapel Pins, at 2:28 PM  

  • Seems to be both edible, edible Gold is already used in food industry as gold leaf for decor to add gourmet design and expensive value, though, it tastes tasteless.

    By Anonymous SELL GOLD , SILVER COINs WARMINSTER 18974, at 4:51 PM  

  • Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. where can i sell old coins near me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home