Chocolate and Gold Coins

Monday, February 14, 2005

Too Much Ravioli

My six-year-old son only likes a few foods: muffins, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pizza, and ice cream. This makes it difficult when we travel since my wife and I have grown tired of eating pizza. We have persuaded him that ravioli is kind of like mini pizza, but he still greatly prefers the real thing.

Last night we went to a very nice Italian restaurant and he ate a small portion of ravioli. Afterwards, we went for dessert and my son had ice cream, which he greatly enjoyed. Later he complained that his tummy hurt. “Did you eat too much ice cream?” I asked. “No, I did not eat too much ice cream. I ate too much ravioli.” I beamed with fatherly pride: already he understands the concept of opportunity cost.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home