Chocolate and Gold Coins

Friday, March 04, 2005

He Only Drinks American Beer

I was standing in the checkout line in my local supermarket when the old man behind me began quizzing me.

“What kind of beer is this?” he inquired. Before I could answer, he positioned the box so he could read the label.

“Bass Ale? Where does that come from?”

“England,” I responded.

“England? What does it taste like?”

“It tastes like…beer.” I admit that wasn’t very helpful. I admit I wasn’t really trying to be helpful.

“I only drink American beer,” he announced.

“When I was in Germany, I tasted the German beer and it was pretty good. If I lived over there I suppose that I would drink it,” he said.

“I think it tastes the same over here,” I said to him.

He stared at me as if I were some kind of idiot.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home