Chocolate and Gold Coins

Friday, August 12, 2005

New Girl: Congratulate Rahul and Arthi

I wrote once in this post about bloggers A, B, C, and D that comment on each others' blogs:

My wife (who doesn’t blog and views my blog with contempt) is convinced that “blog friends” are merely strangers, and she cannot see why I would waste precious time writing for strangers. She has a point: if you have never meet someone, then they would be strangers of a sort. But they’re strangers you know a lot about, and they seem nice and interesting and you might form some empathy toward them as if they were your “real” friends. I don’t doubt if D above were to announce that he was getting married or his wife just had a new baby, A, B, and C would be a bit excited about it.

Well, guess what, one of my regular readers, Rahul aka “Iyer the great”, from Norway is a new daddy, (actually, it happened a month ago and no one in blogdom noticed). Now he is off to Chennai to be with his wife, Arthi and their little girl that he has nicknamed Kuttime.

Let’s send a little blog-love their way and wish them all the best!

2 Comments:

  • Michael, this is such a wonderful gesture. Warmed my heart to read tis first thing in the morning. In a "popularity" hits-links driven blogging world it is nice to see someone who sends out a post for someone else... went and wished Rahul right away - and yes, I didn't even know...
    (If your wife is reading this, then well, good luck :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 PM  

  • Hi Charu
    I am glad someone wished the proud parents well. I felt bad that I had not noticed before.

    By Blogger Michael Higgins, at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home