Chocolate and Gold Coins

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Abortion Property Right

Another one of these (9353):

The nation has been divided by the abortion issue like no other issue since slavery. Liberals believe that conservatives want to take away women’s rights and conservative believe liberals want to sanction murder. There is no middle ground – or is there?

Suppose we offer all women an abortion property right. It would be like a patent right or a deed: it could be sold. Then the government would then offer to buy the property right from every woman who has never had an abortion and is at least 18. If the government offers a generous price – perhaps $10,000 – 99 percent of women will gladly accept. This will also stop “back alley” abortions and other country abortions because it would be fraud.

This way, the abortion right would be seen as a valuable right to all women, not just woman with loose morals. And abortion opponents would be able to achieve something that they have always wanted: eliminate almost all abortions.

We will never eliminate all abortions but this plan will come close.


My goal is to have twenty of these. I apologize if this is making my blog boring. I may have a regular post in here soon.

No one has submitted any ideas to me yet. You could win $80,000. I offer my expert editing services. Read other people's ideas (hit the randomizer button). Most of them are downright daffy.

4 Comments:

  • Hi Vikram
    I haven't done that yet, but it's coming. I'm going to submit 20 of these.

    If I can get one in the book (which I think I should), I would like that. Then I can buy the book and give it as a gift to my Mother. She'll be thrilled.

    By Blogger Michael Higgins, at 9:24 AM  

  • "If the government offers a generous price – perhaps $10,000 – 99 percent of women will gladly accept. This will also stop “back alley” abortions and other country abortions because it would be fraud."

    Nice "economic " suggestion Mike!
    But I am guessing enforceability would be an issue, as monitoring is not too easy.

    By Blogger Ravi, at 3:05 PM  

  • Does not make your blog boring one bit. As interesting as usual. Please continue.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Susan, at 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home