Chocolate and Gold Coins

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Time Out

When my son acts up, we might put him in a “time-out” for as many minutes as his age. He is supposed to be silent for seven minutes. He has not needed a time-out in a few months.

In December, I was supposed to renew my car’s safety inspection. I should have done it as soon as I came back from India, but I forgot. Yesterday, I got stopped and got a ticket. My son was in the back seat.

While we were waiting for the officer to fill out the paperwork, my son said, “We’ve been waiting a long time.”

“Yes.”

“Do we have to wait for forty-three minutes?”

3 Comments:

  • Nice one :-)
    Sorry to hear about the ticket..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

  • Hi Rajeshwari
    Nice to see you back here.

    I talked briefly with Sujatha of Blogpourri last Friday (just before her flight back to India) and had a nice short chat. It turns out that her son went to the same Montesori school that my son and your daughter went to. Isn't that an amazing coincidence?

    By Blogger Michael Higgins, at 6:13 AM  

  • I met her too. Her son and my daughter were in the same class.
    It is a small world.:-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home