Chocolate and Gold Coins

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Meat Substitute I Will Never Eat

Many years ago, I became vegetarian. I don’t any meat. In fact, I don’t eat anything that looks too much like meat. Curiously, I feel a strong sense of guilt and revulsion if I see a product that resembles meat too much.

So from Marginal Revolution’s markets in everything comes the world's worst meat substitute, (warning, clicking on the link leads to a very disturbing website). I dread going to a party where a guest says: “Oh yeah I tried some Hufu. It wasn’t too bad. I wonder what the real thing tastes like.”

Update

It occurred to me that this has to be a pure fraud. No one could possible product-test this thing. No one could ever say: "It doesn't taste anything like the real thing." Like Tyler said: "I believe this to be tofu plus a clever marketing idea."

2 Comments:

  • Sick! As an avowed meat eater, i just gotta say that's the most disturbing thing I've read all day. Please tell me this company doesn't make any money. Right? Aw man. Fake or not, it's the principle.

    By Blogger Andrew Hughes, at 7:36 PM  

  • Hi Vikram and Andrew
    It's a clever scam. It's just marketing. Of course this guy is trying to sound crazy because that helps sell the product. But it definitely is sick.

    By Blogger Michael Higgins, at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home