Chocolate and Gold Coins

Monday, March 06, 2006

1YAT: Indian Call Center Employees Get an Earfull

Indian Call Center Employees Get an Earfull :

Trin! Trin! The phone rings, and Stephanie (an alias used by the call center employee taking the call) has 20 seconds to get ready with her headphones and chant her opening script.

"Thank you for choosing *** (the name of the company). My name is Stephanie. How may I help you?"

Guess what she hears in response? "Oh my God! My call has been routed to India. Hey poor girl, do you understand English?"


[...]

" 'You Indians suck!' an American screamed on the phone," recalled a soft-spoken Manzoor, 25. "He was using a lot of four-letter words, too. He called me names left, right and center."


In this post, I looked at the growing rudeness that Americans exhibit towards Indian call center employees. It is still relevant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home